Do you have a child that will be enrolling into Transitional Kindergarten (TK) or Kindergarten for the 2023-24 school year? Don't know where to start? Consider attending two Informational Meetings to learn more and get answers to your questions!
Are you curious about an Independent Study option? Please visit the Rocklin Virtual Campus (RVC) to learn more!
Are you interested in enrolling into the Rocklin Unified School District today? Please visit the "Online Registration for New Students" tab below!
Programs of Choice
The Rocklin Unified School District offers a variety of Programs of Choice for families to consider when selecting the school they would like their child to attend. Click below to learn more!
Transitional Kinder / Kindergarten
Want to learn more about Rocklin Unified's Transitional Kindergarten (TK)/Kindergarten program?
- Click here to access the TK/Kindergarten Presentation shown during Informational Meetings.
Rocklin Unified also offers International Baccallaureate Programme and Spanish Dual Language for TK/Kindergarten students. Click on the "Programs of Choice" tab to learn more!
Length of Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten Instructional Days
The instructional day for Rocklin Unified School District's (RUSD) Kindergarten classes is one hour longer than the instructional day for RUSD's Transitional Kindergarten (TK) classes. RUSD believes that the educational, behavioral, and social/emotional needs of our youngest students are better served in the shorter day.
Online Registration for New Students
- Scan & Upload the following documents as part of online registration:
- Proof of residence (for example: current utility bill or notarized escrow papers). For more information see Residence Verification.
Proof of child's age (please provide one of these): Original Birth Certificate, Birth Record, Baptism Certificate, Passport or Affidavit of the Parent, Guardian, or Custodian of the Minor.
Immunization record California law, Education Code Section 48216, requires that each child entering school for the first time present evidence of being fully immunized against Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DPT); Polio; Hepatitis B; Mumps, Measles and Rubella (MMR); Chicken Pox (Varicella); and Haemophilus Influenza Type B. No child will be permitted to attend school in the Rocklin Unified School District unless a documented, up-to-date immunization record of required immunizations is submitted to the school.
Date/Time stamp will be the date/time you click “submit” and complete your online registration. See Enrollment Procedures regarding school placement. If you have any questions, please contact the following individuals in the Educational Services Department or the school site.
For more information, please review the Instruction document or call:
Returning Student Registration
If your student was previously enrolled at RUSD in a prior school year, complete Online Registration. If your student was enrolled at an RUSD school in current year, left and is now returning, please contact the school where they will be re-enrolling.
Registration Procedures for Elementary School Programs of Choice
Dual Language (DL) Education Program:
Click here for more information on the process to enroll in the Spanish Dual Language Program at Quarry Trail Elementary.
Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Program:
If your child is already enrolled at a RUSD school, you can go to Step 2:
- Student registration opens on Tuesday, 1/17/2023. Complete the Online Registration procedures for your school of residence. This includes uploading or turning in all required documentation to your school of residence. Your registration is not complete until all documents are turned in or uploaded.
- To qualify for the GATE program a student must be GATE identified. RUSD conducts Universal Screening for GATE in 1st Grade. Students qualifying for GATE through Universal Screening will be offered a spot in the self-contained GATE program at Rocklin Elementary for 2nd Grade. RUSD also accepts GATE qualification from other districts and/or private psychologists. New or continuing students in grades 2-6 should contact Sarah Soares (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- If qualified, students not residents of Rocklin Elementary will need to complete an Intradistrict Permit Application. The intradistrict permit will allow the student to transfer from their school of residence to Sierra Elementary. Intradistrict permits must be signed by the principal at your school of residence (home school) and then submitted to Rocklin Elementary for approval. Upon approval by Rocklin Elementary, you will be contacted by the school to confirm your enrollment there.
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme at Sierra Elementary:
If your child is already enrolled at a RUSD school, you can go to Step 2.
- Student registration opens on Tuesday, 1/17/2023. Complete the Online Registration process for your school of residence. This includes uploading or turning in all required documentation to your school of residence. Your registration is not complete until all documents are turned in or uploaded.
- Complete an Intradistrict Permit Application. The Intradistrict Permit will allow the student to transfer from their school of residence to Sierra Elementary. Intradistrict Permits must be signed by the principal at your school of residence (home school) and then submitted to Sierra Elementary for approval. Upon approval by Sierra Elementary, you will be contacted by the school to confirm your enrollment there.
Rocklin Virtual Campus (RVC)
If you are interested in your child attending the Rocklin Virtual Campus, please click here to learn more about the 2023-24 registration procedures.