- Common Conditions
The CDC HEADS UP Concussion and Helmet Safety app
The CDC HEADS UP Concussion and Helmet Safety app will help you learn how to spot a possible concussion and what to do if you think your child or teen has a concussion or other serious brain injury.
The application also includes a 3D helmet fit feature that teaches about proper helmet fit, safety and care.
What is a Concussion?Conmoción cerebral en el deporte juvenil- Information in Spanish
Health care professionals may describe a concussion as a “mild” brain injury because concussions are usually not life-threatening. Even so, their effects can be serious.
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Concussion?
- What Should I do If a Concussion Occurs?
- What Can I do to Help Feel Better After a Concussion?
- What Can I do to Help Prevent Concussion and other forms of TBI?
- Where Can I Find Videos, Podcasts, and Other Media?
“Heads Up” on Concussion
CDC has created free online courses that provide important information on preventing, recognizing, and responding to a concussion.