What is Title I?
- All student should work toward the same high standards: specifically, what students should know and be able to do at each grade level.
- School districts, individual schools and parents know best what their students need to succeed. Together, they decide how to use Title I funding to help students who require additional support to reach high standards.
- Parents are partners in helping all students achieve. Parents have the right to be involved I the design and operation of their school’s Title I program. Parents also have a responsibility to help their children success in school.
For a copy of the Rocklin Unified School District Title I Parental Involvement Policy, please contact your child’s school or the Rocklin Unified School District Office.
The Title I Program & Your Child's Education
- Higher grades, test scores and graduation rates
- Better school attendance
- Increased motivation and better self-esteem
- Lower rates of suspension
- Decreased use of drugs and alcohol
- Fewer behavioral problems
RUSD administrators, teachers and support staff work to develop opportunities at all grade levels for parents/guardians to be involved in district and school activities, including advisory, decision-making and advocacy roles, as well as activities to support learning at home. Working together, administrators, teachers and parents can help all children succeed in school.
How Can You Help Your Child Succeed?
- Keep in regular contact with your child’s teacher.
- Know what your child should be learning to meet grade-level standards.
- Find out how the Title I program is helping your child.
- Make sure your child does her/her homework.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Talk to your child about school.
- Become a school volunteer.
- Become involved in your school’s Parent-Teacher Council/Club or School Site Council.
How Can You Help Your School?
- Help plan and regularly review your school’s Title I program.
- Help plan activities for parents and schools to work together.
- Attend your school’s Title I Annual Meeting to find out more about the program and how it can help your child succeed in school.
- Attend the Rocklin Unified School District Title I Meeting, each fall.
Important Questions to Ask at School
- How do I know if my child is eligible to participate in the Title I program?
- How will my school’s Title I program help my child?
- How will I find out how my child is doing in school?
- Are there other special programs that are available to support my child?
- What services might be available if my child continues to need help after Title I services have ended?