Click here for the latest press about our outstanding TK/K programs!

New Student Registration 2017-18

Registration packets for new students in grades K-12 for the 2017-18 school year will be accepted at your school of residence.  Registration packets for new students in Transitional Kindergarten (TK) will only be accepted at the District Office.
Note:  School offices are closed for the summer months.  Beginning June 13, 2017, new student registration packets will be accepted at the District Office, 2615 Sierra Meadows Drive from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  Registration  will resume at school sites beginning August 3 at high schools, and August 7 at elementary and middle schools.
Contact the District Office at 916-624-2428 for questions.  Hours at the District Office are Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.

TK and Kindergarten Registration 2017-18

Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten registration for 2017-18 will begin in January 2017.  Select the following links for information regarding requirements for enrollment and dates for information meetings.
Please bring the following documents when registering your child(ren):
  • Proof of residence
  • Immunization record
  • Birth certificate
Length of Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten (K) Instructional Days
This message is to inform the public that the instructional day for Rocklin Unified School District's (RUSD) kindergarten classes is one hour longer than the instructional day for RUSD's transitional kindergarten classes.  RUSD has been granted a waiver of California Education Code 37202(a) by the California State Board of Education to have the transitional kindergarten class schedule shorter than the kindergarten class schedule.  RUSD believes that the educational, behavioral, and social/emotional needs of our youngest students are better served in the shorter day.
The waiver is effective 8/17/2016 - 6/9/2018.
Please address any questions to:
Karen Huffines
Director of Elementary Programs

Registration Packets

Print the packet for your student's grade level and return to your school*

*The California School Immunization Record is required for all new students. Provide an immunization record from your child's doctor when you register your child.  For current immunization information, go to our Health Services page.
To view a list of clinics that offer free or reduced cost for vaccinations, please click here.