What is the salary range for school bus drivers?
The current Rocklin Unified School Bus Driver salary ranges from $18.32 - $23.39 per hour.
What is a typical day like for a school bus driver?
Drivers arrive early in the morning to do a safety check on their bus before beginning their route. The typical hours of work are from 6:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and then break until children get out of school. The morning route(s) can last from three to four hours. After delivering the students to school, drivers are finished until their afternoon route begins. At approximately 1:30 p.m. drivers return to transport the students home and work until 4:30 p.m.
Does Rocklin Unified offer a benefits package?
Yes! In fact, some of the best you’ll find. Rocklin Unified offers several options for their employees to choose from and can include medical, dental, vision and life.
How many hours could I expect to work?
Current bus driving positions range from four to five hours per day. Typically, a driver will begin as a substitute, filling in for drivers who are out sick or off work for other reasons. As permanent positions become available, substitutes are usually first in line to fill the vacancies.
Job requirements (Free training provided but not paid; no experience required.)
• Must have good driving record (DMV H6 10 YR. History)
• Must pass Fingerprint Background Check
• Must pass and adhere to drug and alcohol testing
• Obtain a Commercial Driver License
• Obtain first aid training and certification
• Obtain medical clearance from the DMV
• Successful completion of 40 hours of training (20 hours classroom/20 hours behind-the-wheel)
• Attendance of all classes are mandated
• Attend Orientation session (orientation will review the certification process)
• Must enjoy driving and interacting with students!
Once all training is complete (2-4 months) then District may hire.
You may apply if interested by creating a personal profile on Edjoin.org:
Please call the Rocklin USD Transportation Department for information in regard to our next new driver Orientation at 916 624-9106.